Changing the World One Woman At A Time
Our Mission: Women for Women International provides women survivors of war, civil strife and other conflicts with the tools and resources to move from crisis and poverty to stability and self-sufficiency, thereby promoting viable civil societies. We're changing the world one woman at a time.
What We Do
- Help women go from victim to survivor to active citizen
- Provide financial aid, job training, rights awareness and leadership education.
Who Makes it Happen
- Zainab Salbi
- Global Ambassador
- Board of Directors
- Global Leadership Team
- Country Directors
- Make a one-to-one connection with a women rebuilding her life after war
- Sponsors provide financial and emotional support for their "sisters" around the world
Women for Women International envisions a world where no one is abused, poor, illiterate or marginalized; where members of communities have full and equal participation in the processes that ensure their health, well-being and economic independence; and where everyone has the freedom to define the scope of their life, their future and strive to achieve their full potential.
Recognition for Our Work
- Conrad Hilton Humanitarian Prize Recipient 2006
- High Marks from Charity Navigator
- “War Against Women” on CBS’s 60 Minutes
- CNN.com’s International Women’s Day
- BBC Article “National crisis for Iraqi Women”