Sponsorship: Change a Woman's Life Forever!
Our Sponsorship Program is a unique experience that builds a one-to-one relationship between you and your "sister" in the field. A sponsor provides her sister with emotional and financial support throughout our 12-month program.Sponsor a Woman Today
What Does Your Sponsorship Do?
- Financial assistance to pay for necessities like buying food, medicine, and sending her children to school
- Leadership training and rights awareness
- Job training and technical skills specific to her community and country
- Support from other sponsored women in her community so she knows she is not alone
- Country-specific education courses that may include HIV/AIDS awareness and prevention, literacy training, savings and investment counseling and more
- "I could never even dream that something like this would ever happen to me. I was so happy because another woman, a mother, is writing to me from the other side of the world.”
- A participant from Bosnia and Herzegovina
Letters of Hope
- Letters from sponsors provide an emotional lifeline to women who have lost everything to war and violence
- To date, more than 100,000 letters have been exchanged between sponsors and sisters
- As a sponsor you'll receive a 12-page guide that details everything from how to make contributions to great ideas for your letters
- Your handbook will arrive in your welcome kit or you can download a PDF now.
Give the Gift of Sponsorship
Honor someone you love by giving them the gift of sponsorship.
- This unique gift forges an everlasting bond between two women
- Sponsorship is a life-changing gift. Perfect for mothers, sisters and special friends
Stay Informed of Our Programs
- Read our Notes from the Field blog to learn about how WfWI employees and supporters are making an impact
- As a sponsor, you’ll also receive our quarterly sponsorship newsletter, keeping you up-to-date on WfWI programs and initiatives
Countries Where We Work
- Learn more about the country where your sister lives
- Get facts on the status of women in your sister's country and the progress you're helping Women for Women International make